If you’re staying at 1871 House in New York City, you’re in luck when it comes to dining options. The Upper East Side is home to some of the city’s finest restaurants, including many that are a short walk from the house. Here are just a few of the wonderful restaurants you can enjoy during your stay:
- Daniel: If you’re in the mood for an unforgettable culinary experience, head to Daniel. This Michelin-starred restaurant is the epitome of fine dining, with exquisite French cuisine, impeccable service, and a luxurious ambiance.
- La Goulue: For a taste of traditional French cuisine with a modern twist, La Goulue is the place to be. The cozy bistro serves up classic dishes like escargots and beef bourguignon alongside inventive creations like lobster risotto and tuna tartare.
- Piccola Cucina: This charming Italian restaurant is a favorite of locals and visitors alike. The menu features authentic dishes from Sicily, including pasta alla Norma, arancini, and cannoli. Be sure to save room for the house-made limoncello!
- David Burke Tavern: David Burke Tavern is a modern American restaurant by award-winning Celebrity Chef David Burke. Occupying the first two stories of a stately townhouse directly across from 1871 House, the restaurant showcases Burke’s creative and contemporary approach to classic fare – often with show-stopping presentations.
- Avra Madison Estiatorio: If you’re a fan of seafood, Avra Madison Estiatorio is a must-visit. The restaurant specializes in Mediterranean-style seafood, with fresh catches flown in from around the world. Be sure to try the grilled octopus and the whole branzino.
- Amaranth: This cozy Italian restaurant has a loyal following of regulars who come for the warm ambiance and delicious food. The menu features classic Italian dishes like spaghetti carbonara, veal Milanese, and tiramisu.
- Fleming by le bilboquet: Chic and intimate neighborhood bistro serving classic French bistro fare like foie gras and moules frite as well as some unexpected creations. The air of traditional French sophistication is present in full force, and it makes for an elegant and memorable dining experience.
- Le Bilboquet: This classic French bistro is a favorite of celebrities and locals alike. The menu features dishes like steak frites, escargots, and crème brûlée, all served in a chic and lively atmosphere.
- Match 65: For a taste of Parisian bistro fare, Match 65 is the place to go. The menu features classic French dishes like onion soup, duck confit, and coq au vin, all served in a cozy and inviting setting.
- JoJo: This elegant restaurant from renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten serves up French-American cuisine with a contemporary twist. The menu changes seasonally, but you can always expect expertly crafted dishes with bold flavors.
- Il Gradino: This rustic Italian restaurant is a hidden gem on the Upper East Side. The menu features traditional dishes like pappardelle alla Bolognese, branzino al forno, and tiramisu, all made with the freshest ingredients.August: This charming brasserie is perfect for a cozy meal with friends or family. The menu features classic French dishes like steak tartare, bouillabaisse, and crème caramel, all served in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
No matter what kind of cuisine you’re in the mood for, you’re sure to find something to delight your taste buds in the vicinity of 1871 House. These wonderful restaurants are just a few of the many options available in this vibrant and diverse neighborhood. Bon appétit!