The Parlor Studio
TYPE: Half-Floor Studio Suite
MAX GUESTS: 2
BED SIZE(S): 1 queen-size bed
ROOM SIZE: 320 sq. ft.
One flight above our entry foyer level is the fully furnished studio suite known as the Front Parlor, or the Parlor Studio. This romantic apartment overlooks a row of East 62nd Street townhouses as elegant as 1871 House itself. Boasting a 12-foot ceiling, hardwood flooring, three oversize lace-clad windows, and a classic fireplace mantle, the Parlor, in all its exquisite pre-war detail, extends to nearly 320 square feet. With spacious comfort and luxury, this short-term rental is the ideal choice for your extended stay to the Upper East Side of Manhattan, NYC.
The furniture, too, consists of carefully curated, individual pieces: an antique 19th century iron bed, an 18th century armoire from France’s Provence region, a stylish slip-covered sofa, and an Oriental wool rug. The list goes on: you can keep your clothes in a Victorian-era chest of drawers or leave your purse on a circa 1870 American Empire card table. The walls are adorned with reproduction prints of Toulouse-Lautrec and others, and topped off with a gilded mirror above the fireplace.
The Parlor’s en-suite bathroom is simple and clutter-free. A pedestal sink accompanies a full-size en-suite bathtub with shower.
The butler’s pantry is fully equipped with open shelving, a refrigerator/freezer, microwave, toaster oven, sink, drip coffee maker, french press and electric kettle. Dishes and cutlery are provided. Adjacent to the kitchenette is a round marble bistro table and chair set.
- We think you should know:
- As 1871 House is a historical building and retains much of its 19th Century structure, it is not suited for all accessibility needs.
- This home was built in 1871, so there are signs of wear and tear.
- The charming, late 1800s townhouse, is not a modern structure – think creaky floorboards, sloping floors and things as such.
- This apartment is 14 steps up from the entry foyer level.
- There’s no elevator in the building and the apartment is one flight up from the entry hall level.
- This is a studio apartment without a separate bedroom area.
- The kitchen is better described as a kitchenette: there’s a sink, under-counter refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, electric water kettle, drip coffee maker, french press…no stove burners or dishwasher. Supplemental cooking appliances are not permitted.
- The kitchenette is perfect for preparing your morning coffee and other basics.
- The fireplace is only decorative.
- The apartment is located in the front portion of the house facing the street. As this is NYC, guests shouldn’t expect the streets below to be quiet – there may be construction or traffic noise nearby.
- This suite is not equipped with an intercom or buzzer system.
- a/c is installed for the months of June-October and is optional for the months of June and October only.
- Pets and smoking are not permitted.
- The apartment is equipped with a Panasonic 26″ 720p LCD HDTV. The TV is equipped with a ROKU device for streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime or your favorite TV app through subscription. The choice of what to watch and what to pay for is up to you. To access fee-based programming, you must be a subscriber and login with your own username and password. Cable TV is not provided.
- Wi-Fi is included with the monthly utility fee. Please note that the Wi-Fi is intended for basic residential use only such as emails, and not for heavy download of large data files.
- We limit the occupancy to 2 persons. There is a charge to add a 2nd occupant to the suite.