The Madison Suite
TYPE: Floor-through Full-Floor Apartment 1.5 BR
MAX GUESTS: 2
BED SIZE(S): 1 queen-size bed & 1 daybed
ROOM SIZE: 830 sq. ft.
Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, the Madison Suite has everything you need to feel at home during your extended stay to Manhattan, New York City. At approximately 830 square feet, this serviced corporate apartment occupies the complete third floor of 1871 House, extending from front to back and thereby providing two special sets of views: the facing row of timeless townhouses and activity of 62nd Street to the north, and a cityscape view of skyscrapers, as well as 1871 House’s lovely terrace garden to the south.
The back part of the suite, facing south, consists of one queen bedroom, while the front, facing north, constitutes the main living area, including a daybed and breakfast nook adjacent to the kitchen. The latter, offering that picturesque northern view, has a convincing claim on most delightful coffee or dinner spot in the building, and it is no shoo-in contest! A small room adjacent to the bedroom is ideal for a work-from-home set up or can be used simply for storage of personal items.
The Madison Suite’s airy expansiveness is further enhanced by the approximately 10-foot ceilings and parquet-style hardwood floors, both of which extend throughout the suite. Two decorative marble fireplaces give greater perspective and charisma: one in the larger back bedroom and one near the front, dividing the sitting area from the queen-size bed there.
The kitchen features a refrigerator, gas range stove/oven, dishwasher, coffeemaker, toaster oven, and a supply of utensils, dishes, pots, drinking glasses, and cups.
A/C available June-October. 28″ HD LED TV/DVD Combo with ROKU attachment for streaming your favorite shows or movies on Netflix, Amazon or other available apps.
- We think you should know:
- As 1871 House is a historical building and retains much of its 19th Century structure, it is not suited for all accessibility needs.
- This home was built in 1871, so there are signs of wear and tear.
- The charming, late 1800s townhouse, is not a modern structure – think creaky floorboards and sloping wood floors.
- There’s no elevator in the building and the apartment is three flights up from the entry hall level.
- As this is NYC, you shouldn’t expect the streets below to be quiet – there may be construction or traffic noise nearby.
- This suite is not equipped with an intercom or buzzer system.
- Pets & Smoking are not permitted
- The kitchen is small and a bit older, but still good enough to prepare your morning coffee and other basics.
- The 2 fireplaces are only decorative.
- This is a large full-floor 1-BR apartment with a small separate room set up as a home-office. Additionally, there is a living room, kitchen and dining area. The living room is furnished with a twin daybed.
- The maximum number of primary guests allowed is two. Starting rates are based on single occupancy.
- Wi-Fi is provided with the monthly utility fee. Please note that the Wi-Fi is intended for basic residential or home office use only such as emails, and not for heavy download of large data files.
- TV SERVICE: The apartment is equipped with one TV. The TV is equipped with a ROKU device for streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime or your favorite TV app through subscription. The choice of what to watch and what to pay for is up to you. To access fee-based programming, you must be a subscriber and login with your own username and password. Cable TV is not provided.