CANCELLATION - DEPOSITS - MISCELLANEOUS POLICIES
A deposit of 25% of the stay is required to confirm a reservation. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card. The full balance is due and payable upon check in. 28-30 days prior to the reserved arrival date an authorization hold/card authorization is placed for the 75% balance. A hold verifies that a credit card account is valid and that sufficient funds are available to cover the transaction cost. The funds are “held” and deducted from the credit limit but are not transferred to the merchant (1871 House) unless the transaction is settled. If not settled, the hold expires after 30 days. Unless we are advised otherwise, the credit card number used to charge deposits/balances is the credit card number that was used to make the reservation. In any event funds for 100% of the stay must be made available prior to the arrival date. Deposits and/or cash payments must be guaranteed with a valid credit card.
Four separate taxes apply to hotel room rentals in New York City: New York State Sales Tax; New York City Sales Tax, and New York City Hotel Room Occupancy Tax (usually called the "Hotel Tax"). Combined 8.375% New York State & City; 5.875% Hotel Tax; $2/night/room hotel occupancy tax and $1.50/night additional tax.
1871 House is a smoke-free facility. No open flames of any kind, including lit cigarettes/cigars or burning candles, are allowed in the building.Smoking is prohibited in all areas within the facility without exception (including exterior terrace). This includes guest rooms, common areas, hallways, stairs, restrooms, outside entrance and lobby areas and all other enclosed and unenclosed area. We must adhere strictly to this policy due to insurance and fire laws. Additionally, we promise our guests a smoke free environment. There is a significant room recovery fee for guests who do not comply in order to cover the extensive cost of restoring guest rooms to a smoke-free condition. Check-in/Check-out
Rooms are available for check-in by appointment at 4:00 p.m. or later If you wish to arrive earlier, we are able to register you and provide you with keys to your room which will be ready for you a 4 p.m. Guests may store their luggage at 1871 House while they wait for their room to be prepared. As we do not have a 24-hour desk, we ask that, whenever possible, check-ins occur before 10:00 pm. All guests need to provide arrival details in order to confirm arrival time. Early arrival can be accommodated no earlier than 9 A.M. (Mon-Friday) and 10 A.M. (Saturday-Sunday) Check-out time is 10:30 a.m.
- 1871 House is a non-elevatored five-story building. All rooms are accessed via a central staircase. Guests are responsible for transporting their luggage to their rooms.
- We regret we are unable to accommodate pets.
- We regret fireplaces may not be used.
- All Guest rooms are provided with phones. Local and long distance calls can be made with phone cards.
- Breakfast is not included with quoted rates.
- Gourmet Breakfast Hampers can be ordered prior to your arrival [surcharge].
- Policies are subject to change without notice.
- Red wine is specifically prohibited inside 1871 House. This includes the common areas and guestrooms.
Cancellations (for reservations made after August 14th, 2017):
- Any and all cancellations will result in a $150.00 processing fee.
- The full amount of your stay is charged and no refunds will be issued for cancellations made 30 days or less of the scheduled arrival date.
- Noth withsatanding the above, please note that reservations for 7 days or longer and Multiple Room Reservations are non amendable/non refundable. No changes are permitted and if canceled will be assessed 100% of the stay amount.
- Cancellation notifications need to be made in writing. Email notifications are acceptable. We ask that if you follow up on your written cancellation to verify we have received it. If you are notifying us by phone, you must follow up with a written notification.
- Guests cannot change a reservation to be for fewer nights than the minimum night stay requirement.
- Guaranteed no-show fee: If you do not arrive, arrive late or check out early, you will be assessed 100% of the total stay amount. If, after 24 hours from the expected arrival time and date, no communications have been exchanged between 1871 House personnel and guest (via email or phone) and the guest has not checked in, the reserved room will be forfeited with no refund. Guaranteed no-show fees are fully taxable.
- To postpone your reservation, please cancel and re-book for the new dates or room type.
- If you need to make an amendment, please cancel and re-book for the new dates or room type.
- A reservation is non amendable and no changes permitted within 30 days of the arrival date.
- This cancellation policy is applicable to changes in the number of guests in a travel group. For example, if one or more persons in the travel group cancels their trip for any reason (thereby reducing the total number of persons that will occupy the suite or room). If it is uncertain how many guests are to be accommodated, we recommend booking for the fewest number and then adding just prior to the arrival date.
- We understand that unforeseen events or circumstances may cause you to cancel or change your reservation (for example: health and family matters, conditions or issues related to weather or natural disasters, code alerts, or personal anxieties regarding current world affairs). It is for this reason we recommend that all guests consider getting travel insurance.
- General Disclaimer – The owner will only refund a room after arrival if room is substantially unusable (defined as blackouts, floods, fires and infestation). There will be no refund for occurrences that are common to any major metropolitan townhouse/building structure, such as: external noise, small leaks, faint smells, sighting of a mouse (vermin) or insect, faucet drips, regional or citywide black-outs, watermain breaks, etc.
Parties: We enforce a strict No Party / Quiet Policy for the comfort and security of all hotel guests, and will not tolerate excessive noise at any time. Our property is NOT a good fit for parties.
Excessive Noise: It is important to us that every guest's stay is an enjoyable and peaceful one. Maintaining a quiet and sleep-conducive environment on guest floors is our highest priority. We ask all guests to please respect others and observe these no noise hours: 10 p.m.-10 a.m. For this reason, we handle noise complaints in the following manner: If the noise of your room causes discomfort to other guests, we will ask you to keep your volume down. If a second complaint is received, we will issue a 2nd warning as well as impose a minimum noise disturbance fee of $250. In the event of a third complaint, the registered guest or guests will be evicted from the hotel with no refund. If necessary, we will acquire the assistance of law enforcement officers to remove you from our property. Please be advised that there will be absolutely NO REFUND or credit of any sort upon your departure.
Air Conditioning: Garden Room and Mission Studio window a/c units provided year round. All other rooms are provided with portable a/cs (summer months only). Of course, how you use the air-conditioner is up to you, but we ask guests to conserve energy by turning down or off if you are planning to leave for an extended period of time.
Earth-Conscious Cleaning: We use environmentally friendly laundry detergents. These earth friendly products contain no phosphates or chlorine bleach. Formulas used are Biodegradable with naturally derived ingredients and are super-concentrated so there are no fillers, no unnecessary ingredients and no large bulky containers. That means less plastic for packaging which means it reduces the impact of landfills, water treatment facilities and recycling plants. Products are packaged in recyclable bottles so they can be easily recycled in areas with recycling programs.
Recycling: All guests are asked to participate in the recycling program set up by NYC. We'll tell you how!
Housekeeping: Your Room is cleaned prior to your arrival. There is no exit cleaning fee, however guests are asked to return rooms in good condition.
1871 House operates as a self-catering lodging facility. This means daily housekeeping is not included with your room. Intermittent complimentary light and/or full cleans including excess trash removal will be provided during your stay. Housekeeping may include bed(s) made, fresh towels, bathroom cleaned, room tidied. If you prefer to not have room maintenance performed, please notify our office staff. For an 8-night stay, guests receive a full complimentary room refresh approximately mid-way through their stay including towels and sheets. If you prefer to not have your towels or bed linens refreshed, please advise our office staff. If your room is scheduled for a refresh and you turn away our housekeeping staff we will do our best to reschedule for later in the day or the following day however it may not always be possible. If we have refreshed your room and have overlooked something, please don’t hesitate to let us know. 1871 House is an Earth Friendly Hotel.
Additional Housekeeping. If you would like your room refreshed more frequently than what is included with your rate, there is an optional per diem rate. Additional housekeeping may include the following: bed(s) made, room tidied, kitchen or kitchenette cleaned, dishes washed, fresh towels, bathroom(s) cleaned.
Government Actions: 1871 House shall not be held responsible for relocating guests for any and all actions taken by federal, state or city agencies or authorities (e.g. Right of Eminent Domain, condemnation, zoning, building or fire department enforcement rulings or changes). Any prepaid monies paid by guests will be refunded in full.